Hotels around the country are showing support for the Supreme Court’s ruling by offering specials and launching LGBT campaigns. We join the growing list of companies that support the repeal of DOMA.
We’re happy to see our country take another step towards equality, and we’re proud of the hotel and travel industry for taking a stand. Supporters of the repeal include Marriott, Hyatt, InterContinental, Expedia.com and Kimpton Hotels.
Here’s a short list of specials:
- The W hotel brand is partnering with the Human Rights Campaign to offer the HRC Pride 365 Package. The package includes a $10 donation and one year membership to HRC, plus a few perks of your own like a swanky room and triple Starpoints toward future stays.
- A “Love is Love” LGBT romance package is being offered at the JW Marriott in San Francisco Union Square. Included is a one night stay at the hotel, a “food of love” dinner for two at its Level III Restaurant and even custom robes that say “Love is Love is Love” for guests to take home!
- Paramount hotel in New York City is commemorating NYC Pride Week with their “Paramount Pride Package” which is basically a goody bag of treats to choose from. The package includes 5% off your daily room rate, two complimentary cocktails, a spa kit, two tickets to a VIP Rooftop party, a $50 Bloomingdale’s shopping card among a slew of other Bloomingdale’s offers, plus special savings on hotel activities.
- Hilton Hotels and Resorts is offering a free one-year membership to OUT magazine, two complimentary cocktails, and a late checkout at any of their 5 locations in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Also celebrating Pride Week is The Ritz-Carlton in Washington DC with the OUT in DC Pride Package. The package includes exclusive rooms, a donation to HRC made in your honor, two complimentary cocktails, a Pride Weekend “Survival Kit” and breakfast for two.
With deals like these, there’s no reason not to take a break and revel in the gay-friendly fun.
Hotels have created the packages that make it easy to relish in the occasion.
Featured image by Dennis Bratland [CC-BY-SA-3.0], via Wikimedia Commons