Did you know that, in addition to business travel, Hotel Engine gives its member companies the ability to offer discounted hotel rates to their teams as an employee perk for leisure travel?
Our Hotel Engine Perks users love to explore new cities around the country. So, to help you plan your next vacation, we’ve prepared a list of some of the most popular and least-known entertainment options in the 10 most visited cities by Hotel Engine Perks users.
1. Las Vegas, NV
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas — or you could try one of these fun activities and be able to tell mom about it when you come home:
- See where Vegas began
- Take a gondola ride
- Catch Cirque du Soleil’s only water show
- Check out the free Bellagio water show
- Walk the strip and see the world: Paris, Egypt, New York, Venice, Hollywood, and more
- Chow down at one of Vegas’ best buffets
- Casino sightsee
2. New York City, NY
All activities below can be preceded or followed by a giant New York slice:
- Enjoy a Broadway Show
- View a piece of the Berlin Wall up close
- See where Harry and Sally Met
- Row a boat or take a gondola tour in Central Park
- Go to an art museum in an elevator shaft
- Eat at the best restaurants
3. Orlando, FL
After you meet with Mickey and Goofy, go ahead and try these activities out while you’re in Orlando.
- Go to the Chocolate Museum
- Paddleboard at Wekiva Island or Lake Killarney
- See old town Florida at Old Town Kissimmee
- Eat the best food in town
- Tour the Florida Everglades National Park
- Get a great view of the city from the ICON Orlando Ferris wheel
4. Chicago, IL
Ah, the great debate: The Chicago dog vs. deep dish. Both? Sounds good to us!
- Get a tour of Chicago’s food scene from a local
- Take a River Cruise
- Go to the best park in the city and one of the most famous in the country
- Eat the most loved food in the city thought to have the best food in the country
- Bike, walk, run, or wander 18 miles of trail next to Lake Michigan
- Go on a 90-Minute Mob and Crime Bus Tour
- See Pablo Picasso as public art
5. Houston, TX
Houston, we have a problem. Just kidding — this itinerary looks picture perfect!
- Visit the Space Center
- See Houston’s new and green urban oasis
- Catch an outdoor show at Miller Outdoor Theatre (mid-March through mid-November)
- Go to China
- See a lot of bats
- Eat some top-notch BBQ
6. Boston, MA
It doesn’t matter if you go for the history or the clam chowdah, you’re sure to find something on this itinerary that you’ll love.
- Eat some oysters and/or lobster
- Check out Little Italy
- Feel the presence of Ireland
- Whale watch
- Go on a shopping spree on Newbury Street
- Visit JFK’s library
- See the resting place of many literary greats
- Go to Harvard
7. San Antonio, TX
Remember the Alamo! Aannndd everything else there is to do in San Antonio.
- Kayak at Confluence Park
- Go to the Farmers Market
- Enjoy some bubble tea at the Japanese Tea Garden
- Do the river walk (aka Paseo del Rio) and enjoy all of the shops, bars, and restaurants
- Visit The Alamo and learn about over 300 years of history
- See (and learn) magic at the Magicians Agency Theatre
8. San Francisco, CA
You’ll need to put a flower in your hair for this one.
- Eat the city’s best food
- Tour a Fortune Cookie Factory
- Walk or bike the bridge
- Visit the Latino District
- See a Redwood Forest
- Go to the organ that the waves play
9. Los Angeles, CA
Did you know that licking a toad is illegal in Los Angeles? So instead of doing that, try one of these activities instead!
- See the Hollywood sign up close
- See the hippies old and new at Venice Beach
- Check out the modern architecture, Warhol, Lichtenstein, and more at the Broad
- See live music at a Hollywood icon
- Hike where the celebrities do
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway
10. Denver, CO
Mountain lions, bikers and beers! Oh my! Welcome to Hotel Engine’s hometown.
- Visit one of 80+ breweries
- Check out Denver’s world-recognized street art scene
- Get the best croissant this side of the Atlantic
- Eat sushi that will make you think you are seaside
- Wander around some of the best neighborhoods: Tennyson, Highlands Square, South Pearl, Gaylord Street, Cherry Creek, RiNo
- Get a Russian massage
- See how money is made
- See the latest from Denver’s contemporary art scene
- Visit a very old cemetery in a very peculiar location
Click here to sign up your business for a free Hotel Engine account and start planning your next vacation to one of these most visited cities!